It is mandatory for all travellers flying to Canada to submit their COVID-related information digitally through ArriveCan.
Before you board your flight:
You must use ArriveCAN to provide:
- Travel and contact information
- Quarantine plan (unless exempt under conditions set out in the Mandatory Isolation Order)
- COVID-19 symptom self-assessment
Travellers must be ready to show their ArriveCan receipt when seeking entry into Canada; a border services officer will verify that they have submitted their information digitally.
Travellers who do not submit the required information digitally before boarding their flight could be subject to enforcement action, which can range from verbal warnings to a $1,000 fine.
If you are in-transit passenger whose final destination is not Canada, you do not have to submit your information.
After you enter Canada:
Unless exempt under conditions set out in the Mandatory Isolation Order, you must use ArriveCAN within 48 hours of entering Canada to:
- Confirm you have arrived at your place of quarantine or isolation
- Complete a daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessment during your quarantine.
For more information visit Canada.ca/ArriveCAN.