List of Requirements
- ORIGINAL PASSPORT
- At least 6 months valid beyond intended stay.
- Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
- DULY FILLED-UP VISA APPLICATION FORM
- Printed in A4 size paper
- Application form should be filled out all items correctly, If item is not applicable, please fill in [N/A].
Embassy may not accept application with blank item, no signature or no date in the form; may deny the application that is filled out incorrectly or wrong information.
- TWO COPIES OF 4.5cm x 4.5cm or 2X2 PHOTO
- With white background, taken within 6 months
- Photo must be pasted on the application form. Link
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (if the applicant is married)
NOTE FOR NO.4 & 5
- Must be issued within one year from PSA Main Office/Serbilis Outlet Center.
- If the birth certificate from Philippine Statistics Office (PSA) is unreadable, or has incomplete information, please submit the birth certificate issued by PSA together with a birth certificate issued by the Local Civil Registrar.
- If the birth certificate is “late registration”, please submit in addition, a baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137) from high school or elementary and School Yearbook (if possible).
- If there is no record in PSA, please submit a “Certificate of Non-Record” from PSA together with a birth certificate from the Local Civil Registrar.
- DAILY SCHEDULE IN JAPAN
- If applicant will shoulder part or all of his/her travel expenses
- BANK CERTIFICATE
- Validity of bank certificate is three (3) month from the date of issue
- INCOME TAX RETURN
- Latest and clear copy
If guarantor who lives in the Philippines will shoulder part or all of the applicant’s travel expenses additional
- Guarantee letter
- Proof of relationship between applicant and guarantor
- Original bank certificate and copy of income tax return (ITR form 2316) of guarantor
If applicant is not a Philippine National
- Foreign residents with long-term or permanent status in the Philippines applying for a visa must submit, in addition to the above requirements (except birth and marriage certificates), a copy of their Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Philippine government. Visa application of foreigners who are on short-term (temporary) visa in the Philippines cannot be accepted. Please apply at the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General with jurisdiction over the area in which the applicant resides or over the country of which the applicant’s passport was issued.
- Original employment certificate (must include applicant’s position, date hired, compensation, office address and landline numbers, and e-mail address)
- Copy of PRC/IBP ID (if professional, if applicable)
- Copy of company ID
- Copy of business registration (DTI or SEC)
- Copy of business permit or mayor’s permit
- Copy of school ID
- Copy of senior citizen card or retirement documents
- Copy of PSA marriage contract (if travelling with spouse)
For Foreign nationals
- Copy of ICARD
If company will sponsor trip
- Guarantee letter from company
- Original bank certificate of the company
- Copy of business documents and ITR of the company
Note: additional documents may be required by the embassy without prior notice.
- Size of document for application should be A4 size only. If document is other size, please submit copy that is already adjusted in A4 size from its original and without staples or pasting pages.
- Applicants are exempted from submitting (4) and (5) indicated above if they can submit old/valid passports with used japan visa.
- It is applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she meet the requirements for the grant of a visa. Submission of any supporting documents not listed above is encouraged (e.g. applicant’s economic or social ties with the Philippines, urgent reasons for visit: medical certificate, wedding invitation).