A showcase of beautiful wildernesses, eclectic cultures, warm hospitality and rich heritage, this life-changing journey will take you from cosmopolitan Cape Town into the heart of Big Five territory. Uncover the complex history of South Africa, while luxuriously travelling like the intrepid explorers of yesteryear. Along the way you’ll stay at the most sought-after addresses in the country, meet extraordinary local characters, and taste the Cape’s finest wines and culinary delights. Your journey concludes with a luxurious three-day safari in the Sabi Sands, known for having one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species.
- Cape Town: Join Manfred Jacobs, a former warden at the Victor Verster prison – where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27-year-long imprisonment – for lunch at the Amy Foundation and hear fascinating stories about one of history’s most heroic figures.
- Cape Peninsula: Embark on one of the world’s most legendary drives, journeying from the city centre along the Cape Peninsula towards Cape Point, passing the trendy suburbs of Sea Point, Clifton and Camps Bay.
- Hout Bay: Whilst visiting the village of Hout Bay, there may be a chance to see Duiker Island’s Cape fur seals.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: As you wander along the trails, be sure to stay alert for your chance to catch a glimpse of the abundant wildlife that live here, including reebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland.
- Cape Point Nature Reserve: A park ranger accompanies you to the secluded Boulders Beach. Learn about the surrounding flora and fauna, including local residents, a colony of African penguins.
- Table Mountain: Enjoy a VIP ride to the summit of Table Mountain on the famous cable car with 360-degree views of the Mother City. At the top, enjoy a private drink reception and marvel at the African sunset.
- Cape Winelands: Take a scenic drive through fertile wine valleys of the Cape and travel through scenic Franschhoek.
- Winelands: Relax and enjoy a scenic drive as you are chauffeured back to your hotel in a vintage car.
- Robben Island: Journey by ferry to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Robben Island, best known for its prison where Nelson Mandela and many other famous anti-apartheid activists were imprisoned.
- Robben Island: Join a Local Expert for an insightful tour of the former prison and meet an ex-political prisoner who shares personal anecdotes as you explore.
- Cape Town: Visit the Amy Foundation, a non-profit organisation in Cape Town. Witness how the lives of young people are being transformed through empowering programmes when you visit a township and school to meet some of the beneficiaries.
- Kruger National Park: Keep an eye out for the Big Five, as you embark on a three-day safari with six game-drives in a private, open-air safari vehicle. More than just animal spotting, you will learn about this delicate ecosystem and how all inhabitants, great and small, influence and affect their surrounding environment.
- Kruger National Park: Enjoy the afternoon Your Way and choose to either indulge with a high tea, or join your ranger for a guided bush walk.
- Cape Town: Enjoy a dazzling Welcome Dinner, hosted at Camissa Brasserie. Boasting unrivalled views of the harbour and Table Mountain, Cammisa Brasserie offers traditional fine dining inspired by the diverse cuisine brought to South Africa by its early settlers. West Coast mussels, wild rosemary lamb shank and parma-ham-wrapped springbok loin are some of the dishes to look forward to. Taste some of the Cape’s top wines, as you drink a toast to your journey ahead.
- Cape Point: You’re invited to an exquisite lunch with wine at the elegant Harbour House in Kalk Bay, bringing you as close as possible to the water as you admire views of False Bay and the Hottentots Mountain Range.
- Waterkloof Wine Estate: Meet Grégory Czarnecki, the talented chef at the Waterkloof Wine Estate’s signature restaurant. Savour a delicious meal of seasonal ingredients, many grown on the surrounding estate, accompanied with wine.
- Cape Winelands: One of the oldest and grandest wine estate’s in the Cape, Vergelegen boasts lovely gardens and a stunning Cape Dutch manor house. Explore the grounds and enjoy a private wine tasting hosted by the estate’s winemaker in a private cellar.
- Cape Winelands: Lunch Farm-to-Table style served at The Werf Restaurant in Boschendal Wine Estate, one of the oldest farms in the country.
- Cape Winelands: Explore the sensibilities of Cape Town Dutch style at Grande Provence, and enjoy a tasting of the estate’s award-winning wines.
- Kruger National Park: After your evening game drive, raise a glass to your travels as you savour your Celebration Dinner beneath a blanket of stars.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 5 Lunches with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Cape Town: Considered the best address in Cape Town, The Table Bay hotel was opened in 1997 by former South African president, Nelson Mandela. Since then it’s set the standard for luxury hospitality, offering everything from chic accommodation and fine dining to luxurious spa treatments. Situated in the Victoria & Alfred (V&A) Waterfront, the Table Bay Hotel is metres away from the Atlantic Ocean, trendy shops and some of the best restaurants in the country.
- Kruger National Park: Situated in the Sabi Sands, which boasts one of the planet’s highest concentrations of animal species, the Lion Sands Lodges offer exquisite treehouse-style rooms, luxury suites with private decks and plunge pools, and an open-air lounge and dining area overlooking the Sabie River.
- Victoria Falls: Step back into a grand Victorian era at the beautiful 111-year-old Victoria Falls Hotel, offering magnificent views of Victoria Falls and a selection of elegant terraces, timeless lounges and classy guest bedrooms.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to included flight to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
WELCOME TO THE MOTHER CITY
Welcome to Cape Town, the crown jewel of the African continent, with its spectacular scenery, exotic cultures and delicious flavours. On arrival at Cape Town International, transfer to The 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa, nestled between Table mountain and 12 Apostles mountain range, offering amazing views of the Atlantic Ocean. This evening join your Travelling Concierge and travel companions for a dazzling Welcome Dinner, hosted at the hotel’s Azure restaurant. Enjoy expansive ocean views from the terrace as you experience fine dining of modern South African cuisine infused with international influences. Inspired by the ocean, the menu boasts an array of dishes prepared with seasonally organic ingredients.
Hotel:12 Apostles hotel and spa, Cape Town.
|2||CAPE PENINSULA AND LUNCH IN CAPE POINT (Relaxed Start)
Embark on one of the world’s most legendary drives, journeying from the city centre along the Cape Peninsula towards Cape Point. Winding along Chapman’s Peak, the road takes you past colourful Kalk Bay with its bohemian cafes and on to the majestic Cape Point Nature Reserve, one of the world’s most pristine wildernesses. Stroll along the trails and keep an eye out for reebok, Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok and the elusive eland. Explore Boulders Beach with a park ranger and learn about the local residents, a colony of African penguins. You’re invited to an exquisite lunch with wine at the Harbour House restaurant in Kalk Bay. Admire views overlooking False Bay and the Hottentots Mountain Range as you dine as close to the water as possible. On return to the hotel from Cape Peninsula, appreciate vistas of sea and look up at soaring mountain ranges covered in indigenous fynbos. Marvel at cliff faces meeting the pounding Atlantic Ocean, which is home to Cape fur seals, great white sharks and southern-right whales. Enjoy the evening at your leisure. Your Travelling Concierge is a treasure trove of local knowledge and will happily make dinner reservations on your behalf at recommended restaurants.
|3||MAJESTIC TABLE MOUNTAIN (Relaxed Start)
Known for being one of Africa’s most desirable and vibrant cities, Cape Town is yours to explore at leisure. Perhaps shop for trendy crafts at the award-winning Watershed, listen to indigenous music at the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront or stroll along the popular Sea Point promenade? In the afternoon, meet your Travelling Concierge and travel to the base of Table Mountain, one of the Seven Natural Wonders. Enjoy 360-degree views of the city from the famous cable car, before stepping off onto the summit just in time for a private drinks reception and a spectacular African sunset, should weather permit. Venture to Waterkloof Wine Estate’s signature restaurant, where the estate’s philosophies of openness and transparency are reiterated by the open-plan kitchen and the glass promontory with views back over the vineyards and False Bay. Meet the talented chef, Grégory Czarnecki, before sitting down to a tantalising meal made with seasonal ingredients, many grown on the surrounding estate, and of course accompanied with wine.
|4||HISTORIC CAPE WINELANDS (Relaxed Start)
World famous for crisp white and French-style red wines, the fertile wine valleys of the Cape are also a treasury of rustic beauty and sprawling estates shaded by giant oak trees. Travel into the heart of the winelands, starting in historic Paarl and Stellenbosch and on to the beautiful town of Franschhoek, founded in 1688 by French immigrants fleeing the Huguenot religious persecution in Europe. These very settlers produced the fine wines once sought after by Napoleon, Bismarck and royalty such as Edward VII, the Prince of Wales. Wander through the lovely gardens of the Vergelegen Estate, appreciate the Cape Dutch architecture of the manor house and enjoy a private wine tasting hosted by the estate’s winemaker in a private cellar. Continue on to the Boschendal Wine Estate, one of the oldest farms in the country, for a delicious seasonal Farm-to-Table lunch served at The Werf Restaurant. Using only the finest local and ethically-sourced ingredients, the in-house chef will delight you with a menu that includes fermented breads, slow-roasted ribs sourced from the herd of local Angus cattle and house-smoked trout. In the afternoon, explore the sensibilities of Cape Dutch style at Grande Provence and enjoy a tasting of the estate’s award-winning wines. Relax and enjoy a scenic drive as you are chauffeured back to you hotel in a vintage car. With an evening at leisure, your Travelling Concierge is on hand to assist you with restaurant recommendations and reservations.
|5||AMY FOUNDATION AND ROBBEN ISLAND (Relaxed Start)
South Africa has for centuries been a land of dreams and complexities, diversity and ideas, and intoxicating landscapes drawing travellers from afar. Step aboard a ferry and journey to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Robben Island, best known for its prison where Nelson Mandela and many other famous anti-apartheid activists were imprisoned. Join a local guide for an insightful tour of the former prison and meet an ex-political prisoner who will share personal anecdotes as you explore the island on a guided coach tour. Return to the mainland and join Manfred Jacobs, a former warden at the Victor Verster prison where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his 27-year-long imprisonment, for lunch at the Amy Foundation and hear fascinating stories about one of history’s most heroic figures. You then visit the Amy Foundation, a non-profit organisation, and witness how the lives of vulnerable young people are being transformed through a variety of empowering programmes. Visit a township and school where you’ll meet some of the inspiring beneficiaries. Enjoy the evening at your leisure, perhaps head to trendy Bree Street for dinner?
|6||LUXURY SAFARI EXPERIENCE
Fly from Cape Town into the heart of the African bushveld, as you touch down at Skukuza Airport. At more than 2 million hectares, Kruger National Park is the same size as Belgium and one of the world’s largest game reserves. Enjoy a short drive through Big Five territory to the luxurious Lion Sands Lodge, located on the banks of the Sabie River, where lunch will be served with wine. Settle into your chic suite and enjoy time at your leisure. Experience your first evening game drive, hosted by a FGASA-qualified ranger & tracker. Enjoy the drive on your private open-air safari vehicle, as you venture through the Lion Sands Game Reserve, which forms part of an ecosystem boasting the largest concentration of wild animal species in the Southern Hemisphere. Learn about the complexities of a termite colony or perhaps see a pride of lions roaming through the savanna, as your ranger shares fascinating insights into the lives of small and large creatures. Stop en route for a gin-and-tonic and snacks, served in the heart of the African bushveld. In the evening, gather round for a spectacular feast of slow-cooked meats, seasonal vegetables and sweet treats, before falling asleep to the distant calls of hyenas.
Hotel:Lion Sands Narina Lodge/Lion Sands Tinga Lodge, Kruger National Park.
|7||LOOKING FOR THE BIG FIVE
Arise with sunrise to a cup of freshly-brewed coffee and depart on your morning game drive. Marvel at your tracker’s skills, as he analyses animal spoor and reads the bush, like a book, in search of the Big Five. Keep your eyes peeled for leopard, as you pass rocky outcrops, and listen for the sounds of elephants munching on mopani leaves. See crocodiles and hippopotamus at watering holes and look out for the many exotic bird species found in the area. Return to your lodge just in time for a spectacular breakfast spread overlooking the river. Savour lunch before enjoying the afternoon Your Way. You may choose to either relax over high tea, or join your ranger for a bush walk. Afterwards you will have some time at leisure, perhaps opting for a rejuvenating massage at the Africology Spa? Then prepare for your second game drive for the day. Early evening is the ideal time to spot members of the Big Five, including rhinoceros, buffalo and lion. Sit tight, as your ranger leads the way to unforgettable game sightings. Drink a toast to nature’s bounties, as the sun dips beyond the savannah, returning to your lodge in time for yet another magnificent dinner, set by candle-light. The in-house chefs specialise in a variety of cuisines and are able to offer you everything from vegetarian to traditional fare.
Hotel:Lion Sands Narina Lodge/Lion Sands Tinga Lodge, Kruger National Park.
|8||WE’RE GOING ON A SAFARI
Awake with sunrise, the best time to spot predators, for your morning game drive. Huddle under blankets, as you’re driven through fresh morning mist in search of wildlife. Perhaps stop along the Sabie River to enjoy a cup of coffee, while keeping an eye out for buck and giraffes. Upon returning to your lodge, savour breakfast, served on the deck, and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. Perhaps shop at the curio shop, go on a birding walk or enjoy a siesta, before lunch and afternoon tea are served. Join your ranger and tracker for your final evening game drive and soak up the magic of the African bushveld illuminated by the sinking sun. Raise a glass in the evening to an outstanding vacation, as you savour your Celebration Dinner beneath a blanket of stars.
Hotel:Lion Sands Narina Lodge/Lion Sands Tinga Lodge, Kruger National Park.
|9||FAREWELL SOUTH AFRICA
Appreciate the skill and in-depth knowledge of your ranger and tracker on your final morning game-drive. As no day in the bushveld is the same, appreciate the site of a unique bird or perhaps a warthog running across the road with its tail upright. After breakfast, transfer to the Skukuza Airport for your onward journey.
- International Flight airfare in and out of South Africa
- Visa Fee and Service Fee
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Rate per Person in USD
|Departure Date||Return Date||Rate per person (twin sharing)|
To book, please get in touch with us through the following numbers:
PLDT: +63 2 7822453
GLOBE: +63 917 1461177
PM us in our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LARELEKAtravelandtours/
or simply fill up the form below: