Spanish Heritage Explorer
8 Days from Madrid to Madrid
Land Arrangement Only
Spain has a rhythm all its own. So much to see and do – no wonder they invented the siesta. Follow in the steps of explorers to discover the heart of Spain, iconic city sights and less – travelled gems. From the capital city of Madrid to charming towns in the Castile & Leon region, you’ll discover stunning Spanish culture and history, from its plazas to the countryside. Sample local wine, jamon and tapas – with direction from your Tour Director and CosmosGo app!
Arrive in Madrid, Spain
Bienvenidos! Time to start exploring Madrid-made easy with your CosmosGO app. Choose a local restaurante, an authentic tapas bar near your hotel, or visit one of Madrid’s many world-class museums. Your Tour Director is available in the early evening to give you expert suggestions on the best ways to enjoy the city.
This morning, feel free to join our optional walking tour of the city centre with a local guide-an insightful introduction to local history and culture, followed by a visit of the Prado Museum. Go off the beaten path with a visit to one of several UNESCO World Heritage Sites surrounding Madrid: San Lorenzo del Escorial, Alcala de Henares, Aranjuez, or the beautiful Hayedo de Montejo area. Optional excursions are easy to schedule on MyACCOUNT.
|3||Madrid – Segovia – Avila – Salamanca
Discover Segovia with its fairy tale fortress, an inspiration for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty’s castle, or see the Cathedral and soaring Roman aqueduct. In Avila, one of the best preserved medieval bastions, we’ll provide you with the tickets to walk on the Avila city walls allowing you to see the city centre from above, a rare experience in many European cities. After arriving in Salamanca, spend the evening at leisure discovering the city. You might choose to have an intimate evening out to dine on Salamanca specialties. Your Tour Director is happy to recommend favourite eateries.
If you are a foodie, be sure to book in advance the exclusive optional cooking class in a real castle, as space is limited. If you prefer, explore Salamanca’s city centre-a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to Plaza Mayor-one of Spain’s most beautiful squares, particularly when illuminated at night.
|5||Salamanca – Valladolid – Burgos
Valladolid is a provincial city with a lively character, thanks in part to the student population of the local university. This is the gateway to the Ribera del Duero wine-growing region, so join the optional creative wine tasting downtown. Snap photos of the picturesque vineyards to share on your CosmosGO app!
Tour the city of Burgos at your own pace-from its majestic gothic cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to the banks of the beautiful Duoro River. Perhaps, reserve a space on MyACCOUNT to visit the archaeological site of Atapuerca, UNESCO World Heritage Site, combined with the Museum of Human Evolution, for a fascinating journey through science and anthropology.
|7||Burgos – Madrid
On the way to Madrid, stop at the scenic Castillo de Penafiel to visit the wine museum. Once you reach Madrid, the Tour Director will help you choose from the city’s many restaurants and bars to celebrate your trip. You can also visit the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, attend a flamenco dance performance, or take a romantic stroll to savour your last night in Spain. (B)
Your holiday ends this morning with breakfast.
- Free time to Explore in Madrid, Segovia, Avila, Salamanca, Valladolid, Burgos.
- Transportation: Touring by private, first-class, air conditioned motorcoach with Wi-Fi.
- Hotels: Listed below or equivalent. Rooms with private bath or shower, hotel and city taxes, required local taxes any mandatory service and resort fees.
- Madrid: Ibis Madrid Calle Alcala (ST)
- Salamanca: Sercotel Artheus Carmelitas (ST)
- Burgos: Corona de Castilla (ST)
- Meals: Buffet breakfasts (B) daily
- Professional Tour Director
- Download the app for daily itineraries, hotel details, and suggestions for restaurants, entertainment and sightseeing.
- My ACCOUNT
- Personalize your tour with hand-selected excursions available for purchase.
- International roundtrip airfare (available upon request)
- Meals not mentioned in the inclusions
- Schengen Visa (assistance available upon request)
- Travel Insurance (available upon request)
- Additional excursions
- Optional Gratuity for Guide & Driver US$10/person/day
- Personal Expenses
- Others not mentioned in the inclusions
Available Dates / Rate Per Person
|Date||Rate Per Person
|May 26 – Jun 2, 2019||$699|
|Jun 9 – 16, 2019||$899|
|Jun 23 – 30, 2019|
|Jul 7 – 14, 2019|
|Jul 21 – Jul 28, 2019|
|Aug 4 – 11, 2019|
|Aug 18 – 25, 2019|
|Sep 1 – 8, 2019|
|Sep 15 – 22, 2019|
|Sep 29 – Oct 6, 2019|
|Oct 13 – 20, 2019|
|Oct 27 – Nov 3, 2019|
|Nov 10 – 17, 2019||$699|
- Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.
- Single room supplement: $310, no triple room reduction.
- Extra nights per person in Madrid:
- single room US$121-US$132,
- twin room US$60-US$68,
- triple room US$59-US$63
To book or for inquiries, please get in touch with us through the following numbers:
PLDT: +63 2 7822453
GLOBE: +63 917 1461177
SMART: +63 928 4162028
PM us in our Facebook page: m.me/LARELEKAtravelandtours
or simply drop us a note below: