7 Days / 6 Nights
Take on this guided journey to the mystical lands of Bhutan, the haven of the happiest kingdom in the world. Be enchanted by the beauty of the dzongs known to be fortresses of the ancient times. Drive up mountains and treat yourself to breathtaking sceneries from the Dochula Pass while the fertile valleys of Punakha await for your descent. The hike up to the world famous Tiger’s Nest Monastery marks the highlight of your visit. Discover Bhutan’s captivating charm unveil before your eyes and let nature sweep off your feet.
Bangkok – Paro – Thimphu
After the tour in Paro, take an hour’s drive to Thimphu, the capital. Along the way we will halt at Tachhogang bridge – a traditional Bhutanese bridge which is 800 yrs old. It’s a very scenic spot for photographs. Before dinner, take a stroll along Norzin Lam. Overnight in Thimphu.
Thimphu – The capital town of Bhutan and the centre of government, religion and commerce, is a unique city with unusual mixture of modern development alongside ancient traditions. Home to civil servants, expatriates and monk body, Thimphu maintains a strong national character in its architectural style. Breakfast at the hotel and today’s highlight in Thimphu are :
Lunch and dinner at local restaurants. Overnight in Thimphu.
|3||Thimphu – Punakha (Punakha 1300M)
Transfer to Punakha, the former capital of Bhutan. Along the way, stop by at Dochula Pass (3,100m). Providing a stunning 360-degree views of the Himalayan Mountains. The beauty of this place is further enhanced by the Druk Wangyal Chortens – with 108 stupas built by the present Queen Mother of Bhutan in memorial to commemorate Bhutan’s victory over Indian militants and to liberate the souls of those who died.Lunch at Dochula Pass Café. After lunch, descend along a series of hairpin bends to the fertile valley of Punakha. Upon arrival, take a short hike thru beautiful farm houses and vast plains of rice fields to Chimi Lhakhang (Temple). The monastery is dedicated to the Divine Madman who is popularly known as Drukpa Kuenley. He inherited the divine madman title since he revolted against the orthodox Buddhism in his time. The temple is regarded as a sanctum of fertility and most childless couples usually make a visit to this temple to seek the fertility blessings.We will then take a short walk across the Suspension bridge that connects the 2 villages. The Punakha Dzong – sitting at the fork of two rivers (Phu Chhu – male nd Mo Chhu – Female), Punakha Dzong is considered one of the most beautiful spots in Bhutan. With spectacular displays of Bhutanese architecture, it stands like a medieval city surrounded by lavender Jacaranda trees. It still serves as the winter home of the Je Khenpo, Chief Abbott of the clergy. In 2011, it hosted the royal wedding of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Queen Jetsun Pema. Dinner at local restaurant and then check into hotel. Overnight at Punakha.
|4||Punakha – Gangtey (Approximately 2.5 hours)
After breakfast drive to Gantey Valley via Wangdue – situated in Phobjikha Valley, which is the winter home of the endangered Black Necked Cranes that migrate to this valley from Tibet in winter.Gangtey is situated in Phobjeykha Valley at 3,000m above sea-level is a wide almost flat beautiful alpine valley. As you enter you will notice the Gangtey Goenpa or Monastery, one of the oldest and largest Nyingma Buddhist centre in Bhutan. Overnight in Gangtey.
|5||Gangtey – Paro (Approximately 4.5 hours)
This morning, transfer by coach / car to Paro. Upon arrival, visit Rinpung Dzong, built in 1645 to defend the valley against Tibetan invaders. A fine example of Bhutanese historic architecture.The Dzong is now used as an administration center and school for monks. After Rinpung Dzong, take a slow walk down to Rinpung Dzong Bridge, one of the oldest bridges in Bhutan. Overnight in Paro.
|6||Paro – Hike to Taktsang Monastery – Paro
In the morning drive beyond Satsam Chorten to hike up to the Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest), one of today’s sacred pilgrimage site where Guru Padmasambhava (also known as Guru Rinpoche) landed on the back of a tigress in the 8th century.The hike up the monastery takes up to 3-4 hours. The monastery is perched on the side of the cliff at the height of 900 meters above the Paro Valley. In the afternoon, visit a local farm house to experience the life style of the locals. – Overnight in Paro.
|7||Paro – Bangkok
After breakfast, transfer to Paro International Airport for your flight back.
- Economy class air tickets via Drukair (BKK/PBH/BKK)**
- English speaking tour guide
- Hotel accommodation on twin / triple sharing basis
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Tours and transfers as per itinerary
- Entry fees to sights mentioned
- Bhutan visa fees and visa assistance
- Airport tax (BKK/PBH/BKK)
- Hotel accommodation in Bangkok
- Flights into Bangkok
- Guide and drivers’ tipping (Standard US$3 /pax/day)
- Travel insurances
- Drinks and beverages at restaurants and hotel extras
- Services not mentioned and other expenses of personal nature
**Bangkok to Paro return flight timings
KB 121 BKKPBH 0500 0830
KB 120 PBHBKK 1600 2150
|Validity Date||Rate Per Person (In USD)
Min of 3 persons
September – November 2018
December 2018 – February 2019
VISA APPLICATION TO BHUTAN
- Visa is required for traveling to Bhutan and it is processed through a local tour operator. No foreign missions/embassies abroad are allowed to grant tourist visa.
- All passport details should be forwarded to the agent at least 2 months prior to date of travel for visa processing.
- Actual visa is stamped only upon arrival with the support of visa clearance, which will be sent to you in advance.
- For all Travellers entering Bhutan via Druk Air, visa clearance number is forwarded to the concerned overseas Druk Air Stations and without this clearance number, passengers are not allowed to board the flight.
- Full travel fare will need to be remitted in advance to The Bhutan National Bank before the Visa permits shall be issued. The account details shall be provided on transaction date.
To book, please get in touch with us through the following numbers:
PLDT: +63 2 7822453
GLOBE: +63 917 1461177
SMART: +63 928 4162028
PM us in our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LARELEKAtravelandtours/
or simply drop us a note below: